Lucid Absinthe Superieure is definitely the first true wormwood containing Absinthe to be legalized in the US ever since the ban in 1912 so many people are
wanting to know where to buy Lucid Absinthe.
Lucid was made by distiller Ted Breaux and Viridian Spirits for the US Absinthe market. Unlike other fake Absinthes, which are created to be sold in the US, it contains real grande wormwood (Artemisia Absinthium) and other traditional Absinthe herbs. More details can be found at drinklucid.com but here are several information about Lucid Absinthe Superieure:-
– It receives its green color from whole herbs instead of artificial colors.
– It includes wormwood, sweet fennel, green anise and other classic Absinthe herbs.
– It was manufactured by Ted Breaux, a prominent Absinthe distiller, who used his understanding of traditional Absinthe making techniques to make this historically precise vintage style Absinthe which complies with US regulations.
– Lucid includes a full measure of grande wormwood much like pre ban Absinthes. It had been a myth that Absinthe contained huge amounts of thujone – tests on vintage bottles demonstrated that they would all pass US restrictions (10mg/kg or under of thujone).
– Lucid is made up of 62% alcohol by volume.
– It is distilled in Saumur in France.
– Lucid carries a very exclusive black bottle with green cat’s eyes influenced by a Montmartre cabaret show “Le Chat Noir” from 1881.
Where to buy Lucid Absinthe
In accordance with the Lucid website it may be bought throughout the United States this means you should be able to buy it through your local liquor store. It is possible to look on the drinklucid website for stockists of Lucid by state, online stockists such as Shoppers Vineyard and Crown Wine and Spirits, and also for bars and restaurants that serve Lucid. The web site also has a web shop where you can order Lucid apparel.
Lucid is not the only Absinthe to have been legalized in the USA – a brand name called Green Moon and Absinthes from Kubler have also been legalized.
Another great method of enjoying Absinthe in the USA should be to order Absinthe essences from AbsintheKit.com who offer free global shipping. There exists a handling fee for the initial item but shipping and handling is free for additional products ordered.
The essences coming from AbsintheKit.com are created from an alcohol base which happens to be distilled with top-quality herbs such as wormwood, aniseed and fennel. The essences are extremely economical, only $3.95 ($4.95 for the Strong 55) per 20ml essence that produces a 750ml bottle of Absinthe. Kits made up of 280ml of essence, a measure and bottle labels are also offered costing $29 ($39 for Strong 55). These kits generate 14 bottles of Absinthe so they really are a good buy. Simply mix 20ml of essence along with 730ml of Everclear or vodka now you’ve got your own personal real Green Fairy, as Absinthe may be known.
Essences are a fantastic alternative to hunting for where to buy Lucid Absinthe and are also fun to use too.