Lucid Absinthe Superieure is the first actual wormwood that contains Absinthe to be legalized in the US since the ban in 1912 so many people are
desirous to know where to buy Lucid Absinthe.
Lucid was made by distiller Ted Breaux and Viridian Spirits for the US Absinthe market. As opposed to other fake Absinthes, which are developed to be sold in the US, it contains real grande wormwood (Artemisia Absinthium) along with other traditional Absinthe herbs. More details can be found at drinklucid.com but here are several facts about Lucid Absinthe Superieure:-
– It receives its green color from whole herbs instead of unnatural colors.
– It includes wormwood, sweet fennel, green anise along with other classic Absinthe herbs.
– It was manufactured by Ted Breaux, a leading Absinthe distiller, who used his familiarity with traditional Absinthe making methods to make this historically precise vintage style Absinthe which meets US regulations.
– Lucid contains a full measure of grande wormwood much like pre ban Absinthes. It was a myth that Absinthe contained vast amounts of thujone – tests on vintage bottles showed that they would all pass US laws (10mg/kg or under of thujone).
– Lucid is made up of 62% alcohol by volume.
– It is distilled in Saumur in France.
– Lucid has a very exclusive black bottle with green cat’s eyes influenced by a Montmartre cabaret show “Le Chat Noir” from 1881.
Where to buy Lucid Absinthe
In accordance with the Lucid website it may be bought across the United States therefore you should be able to purchase it through your local liquor store. You can look on the drinklucid website for stockists of Lucid by state, online stockists such as Shoppers Vineyard and Crown Wine and Spirits, and also for bars and restaurants that serve Lucid. The site also offers a web shop where one can order Lucid apparel.
Lucid is not the only Absinthe to have been legalized in the USA – a brand name called Green Moon and Absinthes from Kubler have also been legalized.
Yet another excellent way of enjoying Absinthe in the USA should be to order Absinthe essences from AbsintheKit.com who offer free world wide shipping. There exists a handling fee for the initial item but handling and shipping costs nothing for additional products ordered.
The essences from AbsintheKit.com are produced from an alcohol base which happens to be distilled with top-quality herbs for instance wormwood, aniseed and fennel. The essences are extremely economical, only $3.95 ($4.95 for the Strong 55) per 20ml essence that makes a 750ml bottle of Absinthe. Kits that contains 280ml of essence, a measure and bottle labels are available costing $29 ($39 for Strong 55). These kits generate 14 bottles of Absinthe so they really make the perfect buy. Simply mix 20ml of essence with 730ml of Everclear or vodka and you’ve got your own personal real Green Fairy, as Absinthe may be known.
Essences are a great alternative to looking for where to buy Lucid Absinthe and are fun to use too.